Here at Our Children Oregon, we focus on the whole-child. OCO’s 5 domains of child well-being include Climate & Sustainability, Economic Well-being, Education, Physical & Mental Health, and Family & Community. We understand that all kids need access to nourishing meals and snacks in order to thrive! Which is why we’re sharing a few healthy, yet fun and delicious snack ideas.
Healthy, yet fun snack ideas:
- Yogurt with granola and berries is full of protein, healthy fats, whole grains, and fiber filled fruit – a balanced and delicious snack or meal! Check out these yogurt parfaits.
- Nuts and seeds are packed with healthy fats, fiber, protein, vitamins and minerals.
- Fruit is full of fiber, water, antioxidants, vitamins and minerals – a delicious, sweet snack or treat! Try blending it up with some milk of choice, greek yogurt or avocado, seeds, and leafy greens to make a delicious smoothie.
- Veggie platters w dips (such as hummus, nut butter or guacamole) are a great way to increase fiber, protein and healthy fat contents. Try keeping a few rinsed and chopped veggies in the refrigerator for easy snacking. Make veggies FUN!
- Protein and energy balls are IN right now! Try this nut-free, gluten-free, dairy-free recipe.
- Hard boiled eggs are full of healthy fats and protein. Make them fun.
- Airfried of baked sweet potato chips are salty, sweet and packed with vitamins and minerals.